To be successful, Brazilian butt lift requires the skill of a surgeon with a finely-tuned artistic eye and experience in fat transfer procedures. Individuals in the Westlake and Cleveland areas trust Dr. Joyesh Raj for his Brazilian butt lift expertise.
Are You a Good Candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift?
You may be a candidate for Brazilian butt lift if you meet the following criteria:
- Have a flat, shapeless or disproportionately small buttocks
- Desire a bigger buttocks but do not want to use an implant
- Have good skin tone – i.e., no loose, sagging skin on your buttocks
- Have sufficient donor fat in other areas of your body such as your abdomen or thighs
- Have reasonable expectations and a positive outlook
Brazilian butt lift is an outpatient procedure that involves three steps.
- Raj uses liposuction techniques to harvest the donor fat from another area of the body.
- He purifies the donor fat and prepares it to be injected into the buttocks.
- Raj injects small amounts of fat into the buttocks at different depths to add shape and volume. He concentrates on the upper portion of the buttocks to give it a “lifted” appearance.
Recovering From Brazilian Butt Lift
Expect to take one to two weeks off from work to recover after Brazilian butt lift. Mild pain, swelling and bruising are common aftereffects and subside with time.
The recovery period requires certain modifications. Importantly, you are not permitted to sit or lie directly on your buttocks for approximately two weeks after surgery (except when using the bathroom). After that, you must sit in a modified position to avoid putting pressure on your buttocks. After about eight weeks, you can resume your normal sitting position.
Frequently Asked Questions About Brazilian Butt Lift
Is Brazilian butt lift painful?
Anesthesia is used during surgery to prevent you from feeling any pain during the procedure. During recovery, you can take prescription or over-the-counter medication to alleviate any discomfort.
How long will it take to see my final results?
It can take three to six months for residual swelling to subside and your buttocks to fully heal. At that point, your improved body shape should be obvious and you may notice clothing fits differently.
Are the results permanent?
As long as the transplanted fat develops a blood supply, it will thrive and you can enjoy your results for many years.
What are the risks of Brazilian butt lift?
All plastic surgery procedures carry some risk. Brazilian butt lift risks include:
- Blood clots
- Fat embolism
- Misshapen buttocks
Working with a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Raj reduces some of the risk of these complications.
Contact Dr. Raj Today
For more information about reshaping your lower body with Brazilian butt lift, please request a consultation with Dr. Raj today.